Thursday, May 1, 2008

Weaknesses

It seems that sometimes I get so wrapped up reading other people's blogs, that I forget to write my own. There are plenty of times when I read another blog, and I think I could write a lot of random important stuff on the subject. But then I somehow feel guilty. Would it be considered plagiarism? Of course not. But what if this person reads my blog, and thinks : "Can't they come up with their own ideas?". Honestly.. no. I have a hard time coming up with my own ideas. It is the same with my art. I love having some sort of assignment. I guess that's why I like contests and such. So I have considered joining some kind of group of artists that does just that. They have meetings and give assignments. Then you get back together and compare results. The only thing holding me back is the idea of having to meet all these new, strange people. What if they're freaky 40some year old men, with bad breath and no sense of personal space, have no social life, and are just waiting to become stalkers?? So there you go, those are some of my weaknesses. I am not very creative, and I'm scared of meeting new people.

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Just for the record, I would be flattered if you stole one of my ideas and gave your further thoughts on the subject on your blog.
I think those are some pretty standard weaknesses you've got. Hollywood had some fun ideas on her blog a while back about how to make a good blog post. How about now that you've done a "weaknesses" post you could do a "strengths" post. I bet that would be a lot harder - but I'd love to read it!

Jessica said...

I have sooo many more weaknesses than just those 2. And they aren't even my worst ones. Thanks though, I might steal an idea in the future. Strenghts?? I'll have to think about that one

Anonymous said...

You? Afraid to meet new people? That doesn't seem right to me...

Rebecca Reid said...

I understand the feeling that it's hard to meet new people--And Ruthie, just because everyone has the appearance of being outgoing doesn't make it so. I said something to someone about how shy I am and they just said "you are NOT shy." It really surprised me that people didn't see me the same way that I see myself.

Go ahead and copy blog posts--I think it's a great idea. Isn't what blogging is about? Creating an online discussion with people who are far away? If your worried about "plagiarism" link to the original post and credit them with the idea.

Share buttons