Monday, May 12, 2008

Back on Track

It's not easy to be consistent. At least not for me in respect to eating healthy and exercising. I'll do really good for a little while, and then slowly fall off the wagon. Then, one day, something sparks my interest. Whether it's seeing a photo of my sister looking foxy, or talking to my friend about our upcoming vacation that will include a lot of bathing suits. Yesterday I got back on the wagon, and am feeling the consequences today. It's really amazing how little 1600 calories a day is! I had a normal breakfast, a granola bar for snack, a sandwich and an egg for lunch, and craisins for my afternoon snack, and I'm already up to almost 1200 calories! I guess this is why I get on and off the wagon. I don't WANT to always eat that little. The trick for me is to find the balance between eating normal, and staying at the same weight.
Anyways, I know all of this is not that important, and I'm pretty happy with the way I look right now, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to look and feel better right? Plus, when I don't exercise I seem to be tired ALL the time.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Thanks... you're making me blush. Especially when I didn't get to go to the gym today, because kenzie seems to have a cold, so I can't take her to the kids club. I think I'll do one of those workout videos instead... or maybe go t o the grocery store on my bike.. hmm I like the last option.. more fun for kenzie too. Well.. I love you and know You can always call me for a little pick me up or booster to get you on the right track!!

ps. how did you put a link of my blog into you actual post???

Rebecca said...

I think healthy eating is more a balance of eating the right things, not making unrealistic expectations for yourself or calorie counting. But that's just my take. Eat your healthful food, but don't worry about the numbers. If you know your eating raisins instead of cookies, you know you're doing better.

wannabee free said...

Where on earth are you going for a vacation? And with whom? It seems very intriguing to m e...
I agree with Rebecca's post, it doesnt' matter to me either about calories and all that stuff. Eating more healthfully and definitely being active is what counts.
now finding out what is actually healthy might help. My sister was eating tons of crackers and cheese and things that to her were considered "healthy" snacks when I would consider them junk food snacks. I guess it depends on what you compare it to.

Share buttons