Saturday, May 24, 2008

Smells Good!

Our house smells delicious! We have 4 big pans of seasoned goat in our oven, and a big pan on the stove. An uncle of one of Joe's employees works as a chef in a restaurant, and is preparing really yummy goat. First he hacked the carcass into small pieces with his axe. Then he rinsed it with water and added a TON of lemon juice. (2-3 of the big costco bottles) Then there was garlic powder, fajita seasoning, and "Emeril's original essence" seasoning (condimento). Now, if I ever want to make goat in the future, I'll know what spices to buy. He put all the pieces, bone and all, in the oven (450) for about 2-3 hours. For the ribs, he cut them into small pieces too, and put them in the turkey roasted on the stove top (0n high). At first he just left it open, but after a while he covered it with aluminum foil. Now it just boiling/cooking away, and smelling great.
I have to say I am a little freaked out about the whole raw goat juices. They washed all of the meat outside on our patio, and the used water was just dumped on the floor. Then all the spice jars, and door handles were touches without any soap involved. I'm sure it'll be fine, but I'm just so used to being anal about it, that it's a little crazy to me. I think I've wiped the door handle about 5 times with clorox wipes.

No comments:

Share buttons