Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Brain Tumor

We are in the middle of some scary times right now. A few years ago, my mom was diagnosed with having a small tumor near her brain. It was small enough, that the doctors wanted to wait and see what happened. They waited, and this year it had grown considerably. She has looked into several methods of treatment (laser, surgery), and has decided to go ahead with surgery.

America has the best doctors in the World. A ear clinic in Los Angeles California has the best doctors, who have the most experience with these kind of surgeries. My mom will have her surgery there on October 16th. There are many risks associated with this surgery. Some of the most common problems include loss of hearing, balance problems, and facial parallelization.

I want to be able to be there with her. I'm not sure if I'll go before the surgery, or after, but I am so blessed to be able to go and visit with her for a few days. My sister Wendy, from Boise, will also be there, so that's an added bonus. We can use all your prayers for a successful surgery.

5 comments:

Monica said...

I am glad you blogged about your mom. We will keep her in our prayers. Have fun with your sis.

Nancy Sabina said...

Yikes, Jessica. I'm so sorry. Of course we'll keep you all in our prayers.

Mark A said...

We will keep you all in our prayers.

Russell & Jammie said...

Our Family will pray for you!

Amber said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Your family will be in our prayers too!

Share buttons