Monday, October 27, 2008

RAW

My camera has the ability to shoot RAW images. This means you have a lot more flexibility in editing photos on the computer. I never had attempted to use RAW in the last 2 years of owning my camera, because I was scared. I was scared of the unknown. I had no idea if it would be hard to edit RAW images, and I didn't even look into it.

It turns out... it's super easy to edit RAW images! All this time I could have had much more control over the quality of pictures I turned out. The only downside to RAW is that the images are about 10 MB each. What will probably happen in the future is that I will shoot most of my snapshots in normal JPEG form, and use RAW for more important photos.

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Isn't that funny how just fear of the unknown or laziness can keep us from something great. I just finally took the time to figure out the "super macro" thing on my camera and my pics of jewelry have been so much better ever since.

Russell & Jammie said...

I am glad that you are aware of RAW images. I think it is very important to use it for the important pictures as well... because it does not compress the picture you take... where JPG does. I use JPEG for everythign right now because of the size of picture it creates. I don't have enough hard drive on my computer... work in progress. I have been very impressed with your pictures. Keep it up!

Share buttons