Saturday, October 4, 2008

Different kind of Trip

The first time I Remember going to Disney was when I was 17 (I went before that, but can't remember the details). My parents let me bring my closest girlfriend Evelien. Being teenagers, Evelien, my brother Carlo, and I wanted to do different things than my then 6 year old sister. We took off by ourselves and rode roller coasters pretty much all day, while my parents took my little sister to the princess shows.
Sterling and Winter are big enough to go on pretty much all rides, including roller coasters, but they are still small enough that they love all the "little kid" shows too. I really enjoyed seeing some new shows, but mostly seeing the expression on the kids' faces.
From the terror on Sterling's face when we were in the "Tower of Pain", to the sheer joy seeing all the animals in "It's a small World". Turns out that "It's a small world" is actually enjoyable to kids. Both Joe and I find it rather painful to go through (slow, boring, annoying etc), but the kids' reaction actually made it fun.

One of the shows geared to small children is "Story Time with Belle". There's a little grove next to Cinderella's castle, where Belle (from Beauty and the Beast) comes out and acts out her story. This one is super fun for kids, because Belle picks kids from the audience to play out the different characters. Sterling was picked to be Maurice (the dad). He just had this great big grin on his face the whole time.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Small World has to be the most annoying ride in the world. It's a small world after all over and over and over and over and over, you know what I mean.

Amber said...

I loved It's a Small World when I was little, but as I got older, the charm wore off. I'm glad the kids still found all of that stuff great. I can't wait to hear more!

Share buttons