Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Ginger!

It's hard to believe my "baby" is now 3 years old!! Ginger is such a big girl, and loved all of her presents. We had a small party with just our family, because Joe's parents couldn't come. I think that was the first time in 5 years that we celebrated a birthday without any additional family. (in Boise we had Wendy and Brian, and for a while my parents as well). We have almost a whole 9x13 chocolate cake with chocolate frosting left, and if I didn't just start on my diet, I would probably eat the whole thing myself. Instead, I have to think of a good way to dispose of it. I have considered feeding it to the chickens, throwing it in the trash, or sending it to school for Winter to hand out in class.

In lieu of Ginger's birthday, I decided to retrieve some kittens from the people that took them in almost a month ago. They live in Honey Grove, which is 45 minutes north east from. You thought we lived out in boonie land? Not anything compared to them. And the craziest thing is that the husband commutes into Addison, which is 2 hours each way, and has done this for the past 15 years.
The Brooks have had an explosion of kittens, and they have even lost track of how many they have. (they guess around 20). I picked out one of the kittens that I gave them. She is a calico, and has a really pretty light grey color. We also got a boy kitten, which is white, with large gray spots - like a cow. His eye is a little infected, but we are hoping to clear that up soon. I am really a sucker for kittens, and even though these are outside cats, one of them is currently sleeping on my lap.

5 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

Happy Birthday to her! I'd love a warm kitty to snuggle with right now (totally going to ignore the fact that i'm allergic!).

Bea said...

Ja, een beetje verlaat, maar alsnog van harte gefeliciteerd met Ginger's verjaardag. Geef haar maar es een stevige knuffel van mij.
Ik had niet in de gaten dat je inmiddels terug was uit LA. Had er nog niks over gelezen.
Ben wel erg blij, dat het zo goed gaat met je moeder, mijn zus.
Gelukkig ben ik op de hoogte gebleven wat haar betreft door jouw en Wendy's blogs.
Liefs, auntie B.

Nancy Sabina said...

Happy Birthday little Ginger!

Jill said...

Ginger cannot be three?!!! Where has time gone. I have loved reading your blog. Your blog is one of the only ones that Mike will read. He loves your style of writing! Keep up the fun stories. So what about baby number four?!

Jessica said...

Thanks Jill. I don't consider myself a good writer at all...
We are waiting for a foster child placement right now. Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer.

Share buttons