Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mountains of clothes

Today I embarked on a project I should have done Months ago! I decided to tackle the task of organizing the mountain of clothes that's piled in our garage. (no wonder we need so much storage space these days)
When we moved, I kind of just piled non-fitting clothes into boxes, with no regard to size or gender. As some of you know who live close, I have not found the box with Ginger's clothes. So, she has been wearing a lot of Sterling's old clothes, and she got some new ones for Christmas. I mean,.. why buy new ones, when I KNOW there are clothes somewhere in the massive pile of boxes. So I rolled up my sleeves, mustered up the courage, and hauled all of the boxes with clothes (that I could find) inside.Yesterday I bought some nice storage containers at Target, but it seems I didn't buy enough. I decided to keep the boy and girl clothes together, and just sort them by size.
I even found some sweaters that Sterling actually still fits, that I didn't think we would need in Texas. AND, I found Ginger's box!! I am so excited to finally have some sweater, dresses, and even a couple pair of pants for her. Of course, now it's starting to get warmer, and soon she won't need these warm clothes anymore.
You'll have to wait for the after picture, since Joe is buying me 7 more!! containers... what a miscalculation on my part!Here's the after picture. I finally got everything put away on Saturday

10 comments:

Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

No comment on the clothes, but your finished floor looks beautiful. wonderful job, how much more do you have to do??

angela michelle said...

Wow, your house does look beautiful. I always feel very proud of myself when I have all the clothes in labelled boxes--it's a lot of work!

Nancy Sabina said...

I second Mary - that's just what I was thinking - the floors look beautiful!
I know tackling those big, no fun projects is hard - so good job. I think not gender sorting them is smart. Maybe some day I'll re-do all my kids clothes.

Nancy Sabina said...

Wow! Ang and I commented at the same time! Cool! I guess my "second" is really a "third"

Bea said...

About the floor, I'd be fourth I guess.
auntie B.

Jessica said...

Thanks for all your compliments. That gives me motivation to actually finish the project. (no, it's not done yet).

Wendy said...

haha well I guess great minds do think alike... do love your paint color and pretty frames too.. you need to go through the house and take pictures of all of it!!
liefs
-wenner

Bea said...

Goed gedaan meisje - well done girl!
auntie B.

Anonymous said...

I'm just wondering where all those big boxes of clothes are at now? I didn't see them in the front hall...

Jessica said...

it's magic!

Share buttons