Friday, February 8, 2008

Luxury of hot water

I have found that I don't realize and appreciate the luxuries I enjoy, until I have to go without.
2 days ago our water heater stopped working. It got over-heated, so the safety switch turned it off. Joe doesn't want to turn it back on, in fear of the tank exploding. I really wanted/needed some kind of bath today, so I decided the only way to get hot water was to boil it. So I boiled a big pot of water, poured it in my bathtub, and added enough cold water to make a nice temperature. Well, I had about an inch of water in the tub to bath myself with. This is where I decided that my hair would have to wait for a later time, and quickly took care of business. I sure miss stepping under a nice hot, steaming stream of water, and being able to stay there for 20 minutes or so. The technician is supposed to come either today or monday to fix the problem, so we'll live primitively until then.

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Yikes! That does NOT sound like fun.
Richard and I went to a hotel the other weekend for a getaway and I took a dip in the hugest tub ever. It was really more like a hot tub. It was so nice and hot that I had to lay down afterward to recover.
So, think warm thoughts!

Anonymous said...

kamperen in je eigen huis is ook wel eens leuk, als het maar niet te lang duurt :)

Farmer Joe said...

Lemme take a crack at that:

"camping in one's own house is also fun, as long as you don't do it too long."

?

angela michelle said...

Oh man, I couldn't do it! I am totally addicted to long, hot showers and I seriously pray in gratitude that I live in the era of indoor plumbing!

Share buttons