Friday, February 29, 2008

1 step back, 2 steps forward

After getting so many compliments on my floor, I decided that I should get back to work on it. My focus in my renovating quests has been the dining room. I painted the new wall, moved furniture around, and today I would finish the floor. It really only needed 3 more rows. So I installed the first 2, picked out the boards for the 3rd row, and got them ready for Joe to cut lenghtwise to size.
Although the picture of my front hall makes the floor look fabulous, it had started to come apart, and large cracks have been forming over the last month. Let's just say that when I originally bought glue for this project I had no clue what I was doing. After the cracks started forming, and I grew more and more frustrated with using a brush to get the glue on, I consulted Joe's woodworking dad, and he gave me some good glue. The parts I have done since that point seem to be holding together much better.
So, the front hall was looking pretty bad, and I was in the working zone, so I decided to pull up the worst part of it. That really sucked for progress!! I spent several hours uninstalling and reinstalling, but now I am much happier with the final result.
My to do list for today is still very long, but I satisfyingly crossed "work on floor" off my list. Without a doubt it will be back on my list again tomorrow, but for now I am content.

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

How frustrating! But good job doing it even though it was a no fun job.

Share buttons