Thursday, January 22, 2009

Under

So I have been a bit under the weather the past few days. It started with clogged sinuses, and has now moved to my lungs. On Monday the kids had the day off, and we visited our friends the Cullen's. Melody and AmyJoy used to live right down the street from Joe when they were in high school. Then, when we were living in Boise, AmyJoy moved into our ward. I remember that first Sunday they were there, when all of a sudden Joe got up, and started hugging this stranger. It was fun hanging out with her and her family while we were in Boise. Then, right about the same time that we moved to Texas, so did her sister Melody. I had met Melody a few times at AmyJoy's house. Unfortunately they live an hour from our house, so we can't visit frequently. But on Monday the kids had the day off, and I really wanted to take them somewhere fun. The kids had a blast, playing with her kids, and it was fun for me to catch up. We had some lunch, and walked to the lake, where the kids built sand castles. I guess I should have brought my camera, for a funner blog post, but I just wasn't in the mood to lug it around that day.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Sounds like a fun day off of school. Hope you getting feeling better.

Nancy Sabina said...

How fun to get to see them.

wannabee free said...

get well soon! Sounds like fun, playing on the beach!
We've been enjoying our annual inversion. wahoo

Share buttons