Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dance with Lisa

Today I danced with Lisa. I finally got an exercise DVD with latin dancing. For those who don't know, I did a lot of Ballroom Dancing in Highschool and College. The hardest part is finding DVD's that are challenging enough to keep me interested. I found this cool website www.collagevideo.com where you can search exercise videos by type, equipment, and level. I usually like the videos that are considered advanced choreography. That way, it will take me a little while to figure out the choreography, and keep it fun. I hate the ones where the instructor does the same moves over and over again, just to teach them. Because then the second time you do the workout, you get bored out of your mind. 

The Dance with Lisa DVD seems to be a good one. There are 5 dances, for 5 different days. Chacha, Salsa, Merenque, Rumba, and Samba. Today I did the chacha, and although it was fun, I can tell the moves might get kind of old after a while. But then I discovered a cool feature, where you can do all 5 dances in a row, which would help with the repetitiveness. The only dance that I am not as familiar with is the salsa, because all I have done with salsa dancing was at the clubs where most people only knew the basic moves anyways.

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Fun! I really wish my gym had more classes so I could do things like that. The elliptical machine is getting old.

wannabee free said...

that sounds perfect!

Share buttons