Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sweep

Last night I wasn't feeling too good, but I contributed it to eating too many nuts and cornbread. However, this morning I was feeling even worse, and was having all the symptoms of either the stomach flu, or food poisoning. Later this morning Joe got the same symptoms. Then around 2pm, Ginger and Winter did too. Only Sterling has been able to escape the stomach pains, nausea, and other icky things. I slept the whole day away, and am feeling marginally better. I just hope all the other members of my family will have the same results.

As Joe and Ginger and I were all pathetically laying around, my thoughts turned to the early 20th century, and before. Many times plagues, and illnesses swept the country and killed hundreds of thousands of people. And they were defenseless. It scared me to think that if this was a more serious illness, without a cure, I might have to watch part/all of my family die. I know.... a grim outlook, but entirely possible. The scriptures warn us of plagues, illnesses, and other calamities which have to happen before the second coming of Christ. Will I be helpless for my family then? I guess if we prepare ourselves before then, it won't matter if we all die, because we will be able to be together as a family in the eternities.

After some research, I have determined we indeed have food poisoning. We had some meatballs the night before last, of which the meat didn't look too fresh. That just makes me mad, because I had to throw out $6 worth of leftover meat.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Food poisoning is the worst! How did Sterling avoid it? Hope you are all feeling better today!

Kaitlyn said...

Yikes, that stinks! Feel better ASAP! :)

wannabee free said...

The store will refund your money... although it is probably too much of a hassle to go to the store to refund it, right?
So sorry about the nausea.... there is nothing worse in my book.

Share buttons