Thursday, January 31, 2008

Stats

My cousin Jenny had a fun thing on her blog. Statistics about her marriage. I decided to take the liberty and do some plagiarizing (I'm not in college anymore right??) Joe and I have been married for 7.5 years. I had to think really hard about some of these, because we have had a lot of change. Hopefully these next 5 years will be a little more stable.

number of homes lived in: 9
number of states lived in: 4
number of wards attended: 11 (2 of our wards got split)
number of cars driven: 9 (these are cars we actually DROVE)
number of cars owned: 14 (I'm sure I'm forgetting some!)
number of schools attended: 2
number of degrees earned: 2
number of callings held: 8
number of jobs for Joe: 3
number of jobs for Jessica: 2
number of kids: 3
ER visits: 2
Trips: ?? at least 2 a year
number of diapers changed: 6 diapers x 912.5 days x 3 kids = 16,425 (conservative estimate)

I have noticed a trend in our car buying choices. We don't seem to be able to make up our mind as to what car we really want to be driving. Every time we get new ones I think we are set, and will just drive them into the ground. But then I always manage to find something I don't like about them (like size, gas mileage, function) and we end up with something else and better (or so you would think) The problem really is that you just can't have it all. You can't have a nice big vehicle that has all the right functionality, with good gas mileage! My quest for the perfect car is far from over.....

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm honored that you would copy me :)

Nancy Sabina said...

Those are some amazing stats. 14 cars? 9 homes? 11 wards? You guys sure have been around. I hope you'll stay put for a while so we can take advantage of you being close to Mom and Dad and we'll get to see you more often in the next 5 years, than in the past 5 years.

Share buttons