Friday, July 9, 2010

Last week of my twenties

Another week of summer over. I watched grandma, sewed 3 bags for the kids, enjoyed the rain, hosted a humongous 4th of July party, and taught a Relief Society sewing class. I could have blogged about all of these in great detail. But to write blog posts, I like to write smart and witty, and i'm just not feeling it right now.

Tomorrow I turn 30. It doesn't scare me too much, in fact, all my close friends are in their 30s or even 40s. Most of them are wiser, and none of them had their world collapse on them. I look forward to the next 10 years. Hopefully they will be full of change and adventures. I hope to live in Europe for a good chunk of it. I will learn to stand more firmly on my own two feet. And find joy in my family life. It's weird to think that these next 10 years will be crucially important for my relationships with my kids. They won't be babies, toddlers, and small children anymore, but young teenager adults instead. That scared me more than the number 30 could ever scare me!

3 comments:

Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

Happy Birthday Jessica,
I cried mightily on my thirtieth birthday, and every birthday since then. They are emotional turning points to be sure. But you, you are strong and beautiful and you'll do great through this next decade!

Nancy Sabina said...

Happy Birthday!
30 has never bothered me, either. I kinda feel like I've got it way more together starting my 30s than I did when I started my 20s. What's to be scared of? ...OK, plenty... but you can handle it!
I hope you have a great day.

Bea said...

Van harte gefeliciteerd met je 30e verjaardag Jessica. En wie weet vier je je verjaardag volgend jaar wel in Nederland. Zal voor jullie duimen.

Liefs, auntie B.

Share buttons