Saturday, March 7, 2009

Number 4

The plus sign appeared as soon as the pee hit the stick. Supposedly it takes up to 2 minutes to see results, but not for me, not this time! Some calculations later, I came up with a due date of November 5th, 2009. After Ginger was born I was sure I was done having kids. 3 was plenty, and they kept me busy. Convinced I bore all the kids I was meant to, I got some good birth control, and got in shape. I loved having my body back!

But about 2 years ago, I started yearning for another child. Adoption has always been something I wanted to do, so we started with the process. First we got licensed with a private adoption agency, and when that didn't bring any results, we added foster/adoption to the mix. Now, 6 months later, still without results, we started thinking about pregnancy again. All of a sudden those extra 30 pounds didn't matter so much any more. I would do anything to hold another newborn in my arms. Don't get me wrong, we still want to do foster/adoption, but I also wanted an option that I have control over. If everything goes right, I'll have that newborn in my arms, less than 8 months from now.

I was so excited to see the positive pregnancy test, and literally started shaking. I was excited and nervous at the same time. It seems like a long time ago that I did all of this pregnancy stuff. I mean, for a while there, I was an expert! I had 3 kids in 4 years. Now, my body older, and failing ever so slightly, I can only anticipate the issues I might have. Ginger gave me terrible lower back pains the 9th month, so I REALLY hope that won't happen again!

In addition to the unknowns, I have also let myself get out of shape the past few months. I just about fell over when I got on the scale. I haven't been this heavy since my last kid was 3 months old! So, tonight, at 10.15pm, I got off the couch and did an exercise DVD. Probably not the best idea, but I just HAD to do something now! After I gained a whopping 40 pounds with Winter's pregancy, I swore I would never gain that much again! So I had Joe hide all my chocolate, and I plan to keep the scale in plain view. I really just dont' want a 10 lb baby, you know?

Even with these challenges, I am super excited, and can't wait if I should buy some more boy or girl clothes.

I didn't post this when I wrote it, because I thought it wise to wait until things were a little further along

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Those little sticks are amazing! Just the fact that they can tell us so soon that we are pregnant! I can't imagine living longer ago and just not knowing for sure until you felt the baby. The flipside of this is ofcourse that sometimes we know too soon...

Share buttons