Monday, February 23, 2009

Sleepover

Saturday night we had the pleasure of having Joe's 85-year old grandma over for the night. Grandma B lives with Grandma A (she's her mother). For some reason this was the first time she had stayed over at our house. I made a special dinner of biscuits and gravy, because I knew she loves Southern food. Then, grandma and I played a game of Hand and Foot. This is a card game that isn't sold in stores, but that she and her deceased husband played all the time.Sunday morning we hoisted grandma in the truck and headed to church. Church was great, and she loved our ward. The people in our ward are super friendly, and we had a great lesson in RS about finding Joy in the Journey of Life. There's this quote that I love:
“You pile up enough tomorrows, and you’ll find you’ve collected a lot of empty yesterdays.” -The Music Man

I realized that too many times I forget to look at all the blessings in my life, and instead hope for other/more things. After this lesson I made a commitment to myself to truly enjoy my life, AS-IS. Sure, it's okay to want more, but we can still be happy without it.

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

How fun! I bet Grandma loved it and so did your kids!

wannabee free said...

That cute picture of her smiling looks like Ginger. :)
That is a good thing to remember everyday, no more so than when things are looking a bit depressing. :)

wannabee free said...

Did you really have to Hoist grandma into the truck? LOL
I'm glad you get to enjoy her. I am really missing my grandma and my kids really miss her too. IT's wonderful when they get a chance to know and love their great grandparents

Share buttons