Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sleep is good

It's hard for me to go to bed on time. Weekdays it's very important, because I have to get up at 6.15am. If I don't go to bed until midnight, that's only 6 hours of sleep. That's just not enough! I guess it's been catching up with me in the last few weeks, and I've been so tired, all the time. This morning, after sending the kids off to school, I got back in bed. Joe's out of town on business, so Ginger got in with me, and we slept until 11.15!! It was so nice. The only bummer was that half the day was gone by the time I did get up. If only I could have some discipline and get to bed by 10.30 each night, I wouldn't have to do these major sleep-in sessions.

Also, I want to tell you about my new adventure I am pursuing. Ever since we have been getting about a dozen eggs a day, I just don't quite know what to do with them all. It turns out that a member of our church has an egg incubator which he was willing to lend to us. I am excited to try it out, and see if we can grow some chickens. I will keep you updated. The eggs need to be incubated for about 21 days. There is precise temperature, moisture, and turning involved.

6 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

I've been staying up too late lately too. But "too late" for me is 10:30 or 11. I'd REALLY be dead the next day if I stayed up until 12! And there's no way I could convince any of my children to come back to bed with me. I wish!

Kaitlyn said...

I have the HARDEST time getting to sleep. My natural clock is like 4am-1pm sleeping, and the rest awake. The world doesn't operate according to that :).

I'm so excited to see about the chickens! Baby chicks are so cute.

wannabee free said...

ditto on the sleep part. But at least we've been having fun those wee hours of the night/early morn. Thank you libido! I love it when the breast feeding hormones decide to leave my body.
Very exciting for baby chicks! How cool!

Amber said...

I think it is hard for mothers to get to bed early because that blissful time between lights out for kiddos and lights out for us is often the only peaceful, quiet, productive time we have. But I could not survive on 6 hours of sleep. Awesome that Ginger slept too!

Rebecca said...

That's why I don't like 1 pm church on Sundays. I sleep late (which for me is about 8) and then lazy about until 11. Then we eat lunch, go to church, and the day is over! With mornign church I at least have an afternoon!

Will of the hill said...

OH dozens of Eggs--Sounds like Quieche time to me!! Yummy --now if I could only convince our hens to put out more--lol

Share buttons