Monday, December 1, 2008

Tis the season

As soon as Thanksgiving is over, I am in the clear to start celebrating Christmas. The first major change I make during the Christmas season, is that the only kind of music I play in the car is Christmas music. This helps the kids learn the words to all the songs, and it just makes me happy to listen to.

Yesterday I also set up our Christmas tree. Last year we cheated, and didn't have a tree at all for several reasons. We had just moved into our house, and were in the middle of gutting it, and I just wasn't in the mood to decorate. I have to say that Christmas is not the same without a tree! Now that I have mine set up, I just LOVE it! I also put it in the corner that used to house the spare wood flooring that still needs to be installed. As you can imagine, my whole living room look a LOT better now. (I was going to post a picture, but I can't find my tripod)

So far I am really liking my fake tree. I didn't have to mess with light for an hour, they were already in there. Also, no more messing with watering it, and picking up needles all the time. I am very pleased with the quality of the tree, considering what I paid for it. It is very full, and has varying needles, to make it look more real. Now I should be set for a tree for at least the next 5 years

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

I *almost* broke down and bought a fake tree this year. But I just couldn't do it. I did invest in all plastic or shatter resistant ornaments though.

Merry Christmas!

Amber said...

Yeah for Christmas. My husband just downloaded TONS of new Christmas songs for me, so that is all that is playing here too!! I am quite curious to see a picture of this new tree to gauge whether I will give into my husbands pleadings! :)

Rebecca said...

I have never had a real tree in my life and I don't think I've ever missed it. I got a 7-foot tree at a garage sale just after we were married for $10. It's great!

Share buttons