Sunday, December 21, 2008

OMG

CVS is known for its good deals, but around Thanksgiving and Christmas they are through the roof. Yesterday I was able to go to CVS for their pre-Christmas sale, which started at midnight (at the 24-hour CVS)

So here's $215.62 worth of Stuff (thanks Winter for arranging it!)
Now here's what I "paid" for it
I started with $19.00 ECB (Extra Care Bucks)
I paid for $2.90 with a gift card
I ended with $32.98 ECB 
$13.98 ECB didn't print, so I will go back to the store to get that money
$3.99 MIR (mail in rebate) 
-------------------------------
So in essence they paid ME $29.05 to take all this stuff home.
 
Now anyone who asks me if it's really worth it to do all this coupon clipping, researching, and shopping can see that it IS worth it!

I was looking through my receipts and was amazed by this little tidbit of information
And this doesn't even include all the savings I have earned at Walgreens, Kroger, Albertsons, or Walmart (or last night's $215 trip). So every time I start wondering if I should keep investing $3 a week for a newspaper, 6 hours for shopping, and a few hours to clip and plan, I just need to come back to this post.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Oh you know that I am so JEALOUS. Oh how I wish we had CVS. Boo hoo. Good going. Glad to see you are doing the deals.

Kaitlyn said...

Oh my goodness, that's amazing.. I've laways owndered how CVS makes any money. I buy a pair of nylons and get four coupons! Ha.

Nancy Sabina said...

Wow. that's all I can say.,.. WOW

Share buttons