Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas related opinions

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper is so much nicer.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, but this year I gave in, and bought a fake one and love it
3. When do you put up the tree? Beginning of December
4. When do you take the tree down? Beginning of January
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but diluted with a little bit of milk
6. Favorite gift received as a child? We didn't get gifts for Christmas
7. Hardest person to buy for? My in-laws
8. Easiest person to buy for? Myself ;)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Joe's grandparents gave us a nice ceramic one a few years back
10. Do you mail Christmas cards or email? Both. Emails are cop-outs though
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Gift card to Walmart
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home alone
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually around a point in October when I realize Christmas is "only" 2 months away
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Spiral sliced ham, and pogacha
16. Lights on the tree? of course! White ones
17. Favorite Christmas song? Trans-syberian Orchestra (I can't remember the name of the one I love)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Stay at home, with family
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No, but I know dasher, prancer and Rudolf
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. After 8 years of marriage we still don't have a good one though. I guess I need to hit the stores the day after Christmas
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Opening them on the 24th seems wrong... after all, it's not even Christmas yet
22. Do you have any special traditions? We re-inact the story of Jesus' birth, with costumes and all.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? My high electric bill
23. What theme or color are you using? Theme? what theme?
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, and my mom's artichokes
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A baby to adopt
If that's not in the line-up: a gift that's not on my wishlist, but that's something I have always wanted. My mother-in-law wins the award for finding these kind of gifts for me. I think she has managed to do it twice: A teapot for my nice china, and a special Dutch griddle for Gourmetten. I LOVE the surprise!

2 comments:

Maddy S said...

I enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for doing it.

wannabee free said...

You have a wishlist? I thought only kids got to have those!
Sounds like fun!!
I'm glad you have such a wonderful mom-in-law. I have a really NICE one, but she's not really like a MOM, you know? Oh well, count your blessings, right? :)

Share buttons