Saturday, December 6, 2008

Santa's visit

Saturday morning we had a Christmas party for a group called FSA. FSA stands for Families Supporting Adoption, and is linked with our adoption agency, LDS Family Services.  It was a get-together with other families that are trying to adopt, or have adopted in the past. It's always interesting to me to talk to other people, especially those that have had success stories. One thing I notice a lot, is that many of them have adopted their kids in a non-standard way. Most found their babies through other agencies, or maybe even through family and friends that knew of a birthmother. 

The kids had a lot of fun running around, and there were several kids there they knew from our old Plano ward.  There was also a karaoke machine, and all 3 of my kids were glued to that thing. It wasn't a surprise that Winter would love it, but even Sterling was belting into the microphone. 
Then, to top it all off, Santa paid a quick visit. Ginger wouldn't get on his lap, but still wanted to get the little goody bag. After he left Winter came up to me and wispered: "that wasn't the real Santa". She then explained she knew, because of his boots. See, he was wearing tennis shoes with some little covers over them. I would have thought she could tell he wasn't the real deal, because his beard looked like they shot a dog and draped it's fur over the guys face, but I guess the tennis shoes were more convincing.

6 comments:

Leisha Mareth said...

Jessica... I just got your comment on my blog and I went to see where you live. Texas just passed a rule that judges must now approve all placements into foster care. It has practically brought infant placements Tina standstill. Before the rule we got several calls a WEEK for infants. All four of our foster children have been under two. Since the rule passed we've gotten no calls. Our agency feels a child will have to be seriously injured or die before this rule us reversed. Anyway, sorry for the novel, but I wanted to explain why you haven't been getting calls. We've been praying forcehe rule to change because it isn't in the best interest if the children....

Leisha Mareth said...

Oh, that is " to a standstill " not Tina? Stupid iPhone fills in words sometimes.

wannabee free said...

It is hard to tell, but That Santa looks latino or something! Ha ha!
He looks like he has a dog growing out of his face ha ha ha!!

Leisha Mareth said...

(Sorry to keep hijacking this cute post, but I wanted to tell you that I'm adding you to my google reader too, and yes, I live in TX...a little north of Fort Worth!)

Amber said...

What a fun little party. I would have loved to hear your kids sing. Something about little kids singing makes me laugh every time!

Kaitlyn said...

What a fun party, it is so cute to know your little girl could tell that Santa wasn't the real one. How nice :)

Share buttons