Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Yodlee

With my computer crash, I lost all of my family budget information. I had been using Microsoft Money to keep track of all my spending, budgets, and income. I was really distraught about loosing all of that, because it took me literally hours each month to input everything.

Well, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. See, I found this new program called Yodlee. It's a personal finance website, where you can do pretty much everything the Money does. Except, it's WAY better. It automatically links to all my accounts, so I don't have to input everything manually anymore. Instead, I just need to check once in a while that each transaction is categorized the right way, change a few quick things, and BOOM, I'm done.

The other advantage is that it's accessible from any computer, and if when my computer crashes again, I won't loose all the data. Now if I can only get the last 4 months of pictures back!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you like us! Amazing to think that these days your data is safe in the cloud than on your computer.

..Jordan | Yodlee, Inc.

angela michelle said...

sounds like a good tip--i used to do quicken but i haven't kept it up for a while and need to just start fresh i think.

Share buttons