Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bonfire

We had ourselves a grand bonfire yesterday, and Josh came to experience it too. The weather has been cool enough to where a bonfire is perfect. When Joe asked me if I would come outside to join them, my answer was: "As long as it's big". See, I'm somewhat of a pyro. I love playing with fire, and make them bigger. I think the fire was a good size. 
There is a spot in the middle of one of our pastures that is our designated fire pit. Grass hasn't grown there since we moved, and fire remnants are always present. Joe piled a bunch of trash wood that has been laying around in our yard, in the fire. One of the things that made it in there was our old mailbox post.
On a seperate note. When we got our kittens back, I treated them for fleas. They were eating inside so the chickens wouldn't steal their food, and I like to cuddle with them anyways. Well, I hadn't accounted for the flea eggs that they might be spreading, and now a few weeks later, we are paying for my mistake. We might have to call a pest control company or something, because fleas in my house is just not acceptable. (Plus I itch all over, every time I think about it)

Today I went out with my friend Anja. I went to Sam Moon's for the first time. That place is crazy, amazing, overwhelming etc. There were hords of women there, and gazzilions of purses, earrings, and other jewelry. I came out with 2 necklace and earring sets, a new wallet, and some hair clippies for under $26! I will have to restrain myself from getting addicted to that place!  Then we made a quick stop at Ikea, where I am proud to say I didn't buy anything (except some food, but that doesn't count right?)

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Looks like a blast. I've never been to one of your bonfires. Someday...
But it did occur to me that I'll get to spend another New Year's with you guys. Last year was so fun.

wannabee free said...

Never heard of sam moon's. sounds like fun! Also have yet to go to an IKEA in the states... you get all the fun!
I wish we were still having great weather, but it feels like winter is definitely on the way.
love the bonfire!

The Bartel Bunch... said...

Wow! I have never seen a real fire that big! I only see the pathetic ones that die out quickly! I love the picture of you staring into the fire! They are so mesmerizing!

Share buttons