Monday, November 3, 2008

A Wedding

Now that it's finally official, I can talk about something I am really excited about. My sister in law Ruth, is engaged to Brant Gallion. They have known each other for a few years, dated seriously last year, broke up, and recently got back together. They were starting to make plans a few weeks ago, but he didn't pop the question until a few days ago.

Now what am I so excited/nervous about? They asked me to photograph their wedding. I love photography, and am always striving to take great pictures. A wedding is so huge! I have been doing a bunch of research, looking at other photographers photos, and reading tips. I also invested in an external flash, to help in shooting in a dark reception hall.

Big responsibilities like these, sometimes give me strange dreams. Last night I dreamed that my lens was broken, so I threw part of it away. Only, a few hours later I realized I still could have used that lens if I had just kept the piece that was now in the trash. For the next 2 months, until the wedding day on January 9th, I will be doing a lot more research, practicing, and anticipating.

5 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

That's cool that you get to do the photography! I'm way excited too. I just got the last two little girl dresses at the Costco by my house (Mom couldn't find all the sizes at the one there). So many plans - so little time!

Wendy said...

Yeah That is so exciting! I always love your pictures. I am sure it will turn out great!

Wendy said...

You've been tagged. See my blog!

Kaitlyn said...

Oh wow, yay!!

Anonymous said...

I always love your pictures too, thats why I have complete faith in you! I think its really exciting to have a photographer thats close and knows our tastes. I feel kind of bad to be causing you crazy dreams though...

Share buttons