Friday, November 14, 2008

Skies

Texas may not have the most exciting landscape, but it sure does have amazing skies! This afternoon I ran out my back door, and took this picture (okay, it's acually like 8 photos that I photoshopped together)
Joe has taken a few vacation days, and we have been working hard on the wood floor. It has gone painstakingly slow! All the nooks and crannies  just eat up time like no other. The good thing is,
 most of the hard corners are done, and tomorrow we hope to whip out most of the kitchen and nook.

Because Joe was home, I was able to go to the kids' school for a few hours this morning. Winter and Sterling were so excited that I was there, as well as all their classmates. I brought my camera, and the classmates were so excited that I was taking pictures. When one of Winter's
 friend excitedly told her I was taking a picture, Winter turned to her and said: "So what?". I guess she is getting used to me snapping away, which is good, because then I get better pictures.

My hat is off to any elementary school teachers! I was in the classrooms for less than 2 hours, and was very happy to go back home. There's just so much noise, all the time. Teachers have a special talent of patience!

 Sterling's Teacher, Ms Watson, is the greatest! She spends one on one time with each child, even though her class is pretty big
 At PE the kids have to make a "bubble"  in their mouth, to be quiet.
After I spent a while with Sterling, I joined Winter in her classroom. It's interesting to see the big difference between a kindergarten classroom, and a 1st grade classroom. Kindergarten still has many more toys, and visually stimulating things, while 1st grade seems to really focus on the academics.
Such good concentration!
I wasn't even making any noise!

2 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

What a beautiful (set of) picture(s). It is so cool you got to go into your children's schools today, I didn't know parents were allowed to do that!

wannabee free said...

Winter looks like such a shrimp in that picture. All her friends leaning down to hug her. I just LOVE her haircut. I know I say that every time I see it, but she is just a beautiful girl and I LOVE her hair! :)

Share buttons