Tuesday, July 12, 2011

McDonalds wins

Tonight McDonalds won from Zumba, and has left me feeling very dissatisfied. The Big Mac was nothing like I remembered it from 10 years ago. As somewhat of a principle protest, I haven't even eaten at McDonalds since moving to Holland over 6 months ago. Wow, it's hard to believe it's been more than 6 months already! Back to the point... how did McDonalds win from Zumba?

Emma usually watches the kids, but she had to attend a wedding so the kids went to the daycare. A daycare which charges in day "parts". Morning from 7.30am -1pm, and afternoon from 1pm to 6.30pm. As I am working until 2.30pm, I didn't want to pay for the whole rest of the afternoon shift, so instead I decided to take off work early.

Joe's brommer is currently in the shop, so he had to take the metro to school. His school is of course in Rotterdam, and so is the Blijdorp zoo that we have memberships to. Since the kids and I had the afternoon off, and since Joe would need a ride home from school (so he wouldn't have to ride the metro back) the zoo seemed like a perfect solution.

The kids really enjoyed themselves. We really took our sweet time, and looked at every single fish in the aquarium. We must have spent 1 hour and 45 minutes in there, which is amazing, since it's a pretty small one to begin with. But as closing time of the zoo came closer, it became clear that Joe wouldn't be done with school until at least 7.45pm. The thought of killing another 2 hours of time with tired kids and self, didn't quite appeal to me. But by this time we were all starving. And I had no cooking planned, or even food in the house to cook. So that's how we ended up at the Golden Arches. With a Big Mac and a raspberry milkshake. And it was a disappointment. It wasn't until we drove past my gym, that I realized that my favorite Zumba class would be starting right then. Nothing to do about it. Because I had no one to watch the kids, plus my belly was now chuck full of greasy, fatty junk. C'est la vie.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

haha, its okay. now you have motivation not to eat it for another 6 months. I on the other hand like big macs and pretty much everything else on their menu... probably because I eat there a lot more regular than you (not alot though). Was the shake a disappointment too?

Share buttons