Monday, July 25, 2011

9W5D

I just had a lighting speed ultrasound, and might end up with a whip lash from it. Seriously though, I had an ultrasound to ease my mind and make sure everything is still growing as it should. The doctor told me to undress -something I don't think I'll ever get used to after 3 pregnancies in the USA - had me hop on the table, started the ultrasound, located the baby, saw a heartbeat, checked the crown to rump length, and told me he was done. The whole thing was less than 2 minutes. I'm just glad this isn't my first baby, or I'd just... I don't know... demand more time?

And a picture that isn't fuzzy??

So my mind is at ease, and gradually letting myself get excited about the prospect of a healthy baby at the end of February 2012. But we're not telling anyone yet. Not until after our vacation. Or later, if I can get away with it. The only people who know, are Joe, Emma, Wendy, and by accident my dad. He just went and guessed it. It will be so fun to tell the kids. And my mom and in-laws. And all my other friends of course. Until then, I'll write blog posts without posting them, and get more and more frustrated with the fact that none of my pants fit me anymore.

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

Sammy was the first baby I had where I got multiple ultrasounds. I remember being surprised, too, when they just do the business side of it without any stopping to coo at the cute profile or point out whatever. They just do their measurements and stuff and move on. But it's comforting anyway.

Share buttons