Monday, June 22, 2009

Swim party

I love it when friends come over! Tracy Sparks and her boys came over, with a Sam Allred addition. We swam, rode motorcycles, and the boys looked for trouble. We have an electric fence between our house and the lake, and those boys just loved testing it out. It didn't matter that each time they got shocked, they jumped back and hurt their arm... it was too tempting to leave alone. Joe has this little motorcycle that is just the right size for a 12 year old. It's all kinds of dangerous, but they seemed to do pretty good on it. I was sure glad to have a pool to cool off in though. I bet it's over 100 out there.My garden is doing great. I just harvested my first cucumber. The cucumber has done really well, climbing up the trellis. I'm glad I happened to plant my watermelon plants on the side of my garden, because it has taken over the world! 2 plants cover about a 12x10 SF area. I have had a few cherry tomatoes, but there are a ton of green tomatoes right now.My caseworker finally called me today, for a possible foster placement. Nothing will probably happen, but at least she thought of me when this child came through the broadcast. She submitted our names, and now we just wait and see if we're the family they pick.

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

I bet there will be a lot of posts for you this summer that could be titled "pool party". How fun!

Good luck with the foster child.

Share buttons