Saturday, June 13, 2009

Out sick

I've been out sick this week. I came down with something NASTY. Tuesday night I was fine, and went to a Relief Society dutch oven cooking class, and the next morning it all started. At first I though it was food poisoning, but when it lasted 3 days, I'm wasn't so sure anymore. Anyways... the good news: I lost like 6 lbs. I know most of that was water weight, and will come back, but hey, even if only 1 lb stays off, that's great with me!

Now that I'm feeling a little better (still a little weak from all the lost fluids), I was finally able to go back outside. I hadn't checked on my chickens, garden, or pool for 3 full days, which is entirely too long. Joe had already collected the 3 days worth of eggs last night, none of which I dare to put in my fridge. With the temperature around the 90s, I just can't stand the idea of eating 3 day old eggs... yuck!

Yesterday the CPS lady came over for a home visit. The first thing she asked me, as soon as I introduced myself, was to see the backyard. I guess she had seen on google earth, that there was a pond next to the house. She wanted to check out the fence. We only have an electric fence between the house and the pond, which she highly disapproves of. She told me in no uncertain terms that she won't license us, until the play yard is fenced from the lake with a 4', no climbing fence. We don't have to fence the whole property, but enough to make a play "pen" for the kids. We're still debating on that one.

The switch to digital TV yesterday, did NOT make me happy! We have a digital tv, and antenna, but we still don't get ABC digitally. I have just been watching it through analog up till now, but now I've got nothing! I tried to research it online, to find out the cause, but can't figure it out. At first I thought it was because they send out a different type of digital signal (VHF), but then I found out that another station does the same thing, and I do get that one. What will I do without the Bachelorette, and Lost, and Dancing with the Stars? Plus, before the switch, I would watch one show, while recording another on my VHS recorder. "Who needs Tivo?" I would say. Well, now, anyone who wants to record does, apparently..... What if I need to work in the garden, or play with the kids in the pool? Should I just miss my show? Or ditch the kids/garden? Yeah, some shows are online, but my computer desk is still not as comfortable as my couch!

Update- I just rescanned my TV, with the hopes of getting ABC, hope against hope. The Force is with me! It loves me! I have ABC now!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy! On a slight down note, I did loose CBS during the same scan, but I'm not as sad about that, and think I can probably get it back with another scan. - as long as I don't loose ABC again...

2 comments:

Will of the hill said...

OH my word!! I have missed your witty posts--I was gettin worried--so glad you are back and on the road to recovery ---
On a side note--old questionable eggs --I scramble them up and feed them back to the chickens--It's recycling--They are high in protien and creat for them--
That way you don't feel like you are wasting them--
Do you crumble up their shells and feed them back to them??
I am getting ready to go out and take photos of the whole property and get them posted so you can see how we are set up --
We just butchered our first two goats--not overly impressed with the result--we haven't tried the meat--but we only got about 60 lbs of meat off them --not very cost effective--so may be re-evaluating that--
Time is short today --continue to feel better
K

Renee' P said...

Unfortunately, the licensor's don't play around if there's a pool/pond involved.

Some licensor's are REALLY picky!!!

I will have to read on some previous posts about your getting licensed through CPS. I missed that?

My blog isn't private anymore.

Share buttons