Saturday, October 10, 2009

Young and Free

Last night, I was reminded of what it was like to be young and free. My friend Dee's daughter, was in the Fannin county fair Beauty Pageant. She wanted to be able to enjoy the show without having to worry about taking pictures, so Renee and I came as her professional photographers. I even got free parking when I told them I was there to take pictures of the pageant. I was a little bummed when I found out that the 2-4 year old had done a pageant just the night before, because I just happen to know that the cutest 3 year-old lives in our house. She would have easily won over all the judges hearts. Maybe next year....

The girls were cute, and their talents interesting. Some better than others. Dee's daughter Claire did an awesome hip hop dance routine. Another girl did some crazy basketball dribbling tricks. There were a lot of Taylor Swift songs, and hip shaking dances. On girl lost her nerve, and left the stage craying. It's not easy performing for a big crowd for a 10 year old girl. In the end all the girls got a trophe (which I totally don't agree with), and the runners up got more of a sympathy vote if you ask me.

Of course a Texas country Beauty Pageant isn't complete without some good country music, and gospel songs.



It made me wish our hymns had groove!

As a thank you, Dee treated us to Braum's chocolate milk shots. When they were ready to close down, we weren't done partying, and I remembered that Dee has Dance Dance Revolution, so we kept the party going at her house. I LOVE DDR! I think I can easily become addicted to that game. I played it, until my legs were hearting, my heart was pounging, and my armpits were sweaty. Yeah, I worked off all that frozen yogurt and chocolate milk!

As with most girls nights, it's hard to call it a night, and head home. You want to hang on to that fun time. Usually, on nights like this, there'll be one person who needs to head home, and most others follow suit. Not this night! We just kept talking, and laughing, and almost peeing our pants laughing some more. At one point we had a fun little mouse scare. We could hear a mouse, and Dee just freaked out. Mice don't scare me too much, but it was so hilarious to see their reactions. The dogs got all worked up when all of a sudden we all started screaming, jumping on couches, and laughing uncontrollably. We never did see it, but it kept taunting us.

Both Renee and I had a good sized drive home, so we kept each other awake by chatting some more on the phone. I climbed into bed at 3.38am........

4 comments:

Amber said...

It is nights like this one that keep me energized and help give me some much needed "me" time in order to be a better mother. Looks like you girls had a blast! How fun!

Wendy said...

how fun!

Kait said...

That looks like such a fun time together!

Renee Campbell said...

Oh it was fun all right! Clairee was so awesome!

Share buttons