Friday, March 5, 2010

Not Ready

When I submitted the MLS paperwork, I knew I wasn't ready. Not ready to show the house. Too many projects left unfinished. But I also knew that if I didn't just list the house, most of the projects would never get finished. It's always good to have some motivation. Well, today I got a BIG dose of motivation. A real estate agent called to set up a showing for tomorrow.

Wow, great! But that phone call did put me into a bit of a frenzie. I immediately started cleaning up, and doing quick projects that have been unfinished for the past year. Like ripping off the "already half ripped off" weather stripping on the front door. And replacing the bath tub overflow cover plate. As soon as 5 o'clock hit, I recruited Joe. We picked up trash all over the yard, hauled a bunch of wood to the upper 40, and made a big scrap metal pile. We also scraped a bunch of mud off the driveway. So much, that Sterling was dumbfounded by the results.

I am very grateful that the agent gave us almost 24 hours notice. We needed that! We were already planning on spending the whole day tomorrow, working on projects. However, this definitely put us in overdrive. Now we are just thinking positive thoughts, and hoping for a full-price offer tomorrow. I know, not likely, but a girl can dream right?

4 comments:

Wendy said...

that's funny because I had no idea that you wrote this post when I called you today. How did the showing go?

Jessica said...

I didn't get the call, or write this post, until after we talked.... the showing isn't until tomorrow

Amber said...

I'm such a procrastinator I need things like this to motivate me. I am eager to hear how the showing goes (or went, depending on when you read this!)!

Unknown said...

Heb je het overleefd?
Goeie kandidaten?
Blij met je opgeruimde huis?

Share buttons