Thursday, April 23, 2009

11 weeks

I skipped week 10, just because not much new was going on. At this point in the pregnancy it's easy to start becoming impatient for some visible change. There has been some change already, but not too much that you can see by looking at me (unless you are me, and then it looks like you have a gut)

The only new thing this week is the progressively worse fatigue. It seems like I could sleep all day! Last night, I went to bed around 10.30, so I could have 8 hours before the kids woke up. But then, by 8, I was already so tired that my eyes we drooping. So I took a nap, until 9.30 (only because that's when Ginger woke me up). I'm sure that by the time it's 12.30, I'll be just as tired, and can easily take another 2 hour nap. If you add all of that together, that's 10.5 hours. And that's not enough to get me totally rested!

So every time I write one of these posts (which I am not publishing yet, until I make my pregnancy public) I am afraid that I'll accidentally hit the publish button. Because that's my habit, or it could happen by a wrong click of the mouse. Anyways, I guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal at this point, although I would really like to wait until I have my 19 week ultrasound. I probably won't be able to pull it off, just because my pooch is coming on strong, but wouldn't that be cool? That way, I can shave off 14 weeks of questions from people "how are you feeling?". I know it's meant in a good way, but it gets really old. Especially since I don't have morning sickness, and feel fine (besides the fatigue) I'd rather suffer in silence, so the pregnancy doesn't seem as drawn out.

Oh, speaking of telling people. I had to lie for the first time last week. My friend asked me, around a bunch of ladies from church, if I was pregnant yet. I had told her while we were trying, that we were trying. But I wasn't ready for her or the other ladies to know yet, so I straight out lied to her face. Hope she forgives me when I finally do tell her, and she figures out the math....

I'll probably start taking weekly photos starting next week. I'll have to find a shirt that I can wear all the way through the pregnancy so you can really see the growth.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I remember with Kenzie I was just barely 8 or 9 week pregnant and we were not telling anyone yet. We went to our new ward's activity and this girl sits down and say "oh yeah your are the girl that is pregnant aren't you?" I was horrified and I lied. I felt so bad.... I think people really need to be careful about what they say in front of others.... Like when dad told you oh is wendy showing yet?? right before we were going to tell you about kenzie.. haha

Share buttons