Sunday, April 29, 2012

They grow up fast

As always seems to happen when a new baby arrives, my life and blog revolves 80% around the baby. But that doesn't mean my other kids aren't doing things and developing too.

Winter is turning into a young lady. It's almost too fast for my liking, as I feel like she could slip outside of my grasp any moment. She is finishing 4th grade, and getting ready for intermediate school in Heber. Again, slipping from my range of influence. On the plus side, she is getting ever so close to babysitting age, and learning babysitting skills at activity days. It's probably not kosher, but I can almost taste the joys of having our very own "live-in" babysitter.

Sterling is keeping up with Winter in the height department. He is still somewhat spastic at times, but can be really sweet and helpful too. He is the most responsible child who does his homework as soon as he gets home after school. He does get frustrated quickly if he doesn't understand something, or can't do it. It takes a lot of patience on my side not to get frustrated with his frustration. He is a bear in the cub scout program, enjoying all the things involved with that, like building a pinewood derby car. He loves working on projects with Joe, and has spent hours in the shop on his crayon car.



Ginger is our sassy princess. She still loves to dress up, play with horses, and torture her older siblings. Actually, it's more like they like to torture her, but she makes up for it by pestering them too. She loves playing with her little friends and has been to more birthday parties than I ever did my whole childhood combined. It has been nice to have her home a little more, with half-day kindergarten. She asks a million questions a day, and they are all following with "...., right?"

Miles is now 2 months old, but closer to the size of a 4-month old. He has really started engaging with us, and gives out extra smiles to the other kids. He knows what he wants. He sleeps best when on someones lap or next to someone, and will wake up as soon as you leave the room. His bouncy seat with lights will keep him entertained for a little while, and the swing is the one place I can put him when nothing else makes him happy. He still seems to sleep a lot for a baby his age, and is by far my best night-time sleeper. He does still wake up every 4 hours at night, but never fusses about going back to sleep.



When we left Texas we got rid of our TV. At first the kids would constantly complain that they were bored, and beg me to watch a show or play the wii. I'm so happy to see a change. They have become better at entertaining themselves, and only occasionally ask to watch a movie on the computer. Going from at least an hour of games and TV per day, to maybe 2 movies a weeks is a great improvement. They are more content and creative. They play more together, and go outside to play. We haven't made a choice not to have a TV ever again, but I enjoy the benefits that come with not having one.

 All the kids love money. They beg for ways to get more of it, and spend it on the dumbest things (in my opinion). So when Joe came home with a large box of cookies from his work's grand opening, they got super excited about selling them and earning money. They spent a few hours out there, and earned over $20! Not too bad for an afternoon in Midway.


Coco is currently in heat. I can't decide if I want to let her mate with a stud or get her spayed. I'm leaning more towards spaying her, so we won't have to deal with this bleeding every 6 months. Puppies would be an enormous amount of work, and has many risks coming with it, especially since Coco is so small. Plus, who wants a dog with a stretched out belly?

No comments:

Share buttons