Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Baby fat

In order to get back in shape, I've started walking to the elementary school most days. Since Ginger is in kindergarten, she doesn't start school until 12.30pm. She will ride her bike, and I will push the stroller with Miles, and Coco walks with us on the leash. It's becoming a fun habit. The walk is only 1 mile total, but I can already tell a difference in my endurance and speed. Walking to school also helps me socialize, because I often take Ginger into the school and talk to the other moms.

Of course I've also gone on my first mountain bike ride, and I plan to ride at least once a week, if not more. A bike trailer will let me go biking during the day with Miles, so I can go more often. I do workout videos at home, but those get old fast. Once Miles turns 2 months, I'll probably get a membership at the local gym, which has a daycare. I'm so excited about going to Zumba again!

As with my other babies, my body doesn't seem to want to let go of any weight while nursing. I know some women are lucky enough to shed the pounds while nursing, but it's almost as if my body is holding on to any and all energy to feed my babies the cream they love. I guess I'll just settle for getting in good shape.

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

I've always wished I was one of those Moms who seem to waste away to nothing while they're nursing, too. I guess we'll just have to settle for the hard way of loosing weight!

Share buttons