Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Minimalistic Mothering

Today it hit me: I have absolutely none of the essentials for this baby! A few years back I had a garage sale and sold every single thing to do with babies. Part of me thought we were done with kids, and another part didn't want to hang onto the stuff we bought almost 10 years ago for Winter. To make everything even more uncertain, we have no idea where we'll be in 7 months. Maybe in Europe, maybe in the US. So it's not like I can ask my friends here for hand-me-downs, to build up my collection of things. Not that I need a lot of things. Cause really; what do you need for a baby?

maternity clothes
crib
car seat
baby clothes

If you put it that way, it doesn't seem like a big deal. But reality is, that list could easily be multiplied by 100, when you think of the thing you ACTUALLY end up buying. Maybe my theme can be minimalistic mothering?

1 comment:

Mom said...

We are so excited for you. Stop all the worrying and be happy!!! That is all you need right now. The rest will all fall into place in time.

Share buttons