Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's day weekend

This year I had an unusual kind of mother's day gift. No kids for the whole weekend! It was the best gift ever. It was nice to be home without the kids. Turns out, I can get a lot done when I don't have 3 other human beings to take care of. Things I got done:
  • Go on a date to Johnny Carino's - free mother's day meal
  • during the date go shopping at old navy with my $60/$100 coupon
  • Stay up late talking about our family finances
  • Sleep in until 11am, and only wake up because of a phone call
  • Clean for 10 minutes
  • Pull weeds in the garden for an hour
  • Come back, and what I cleaned earlier is STILL clean!
  • Waste time on the internet ranking the new bachelors that will be on the Bachelorette
  • Fold some laundry
  • read my book for a while
  • Clean some more
  • Go on ANOTHER date, this time to a movie: Ghosts of Girlfriends past - good entertainment
  • Sleep until 9am on Sunday, when we have to leave for church at 9.15am
  • Drive to church with my husband, and no fighting kids
  • Enjoy Relief Society, without having to take Sterling to time out
  • Make lunch for just me
  • Talk to my mom for half an hour without kids yelling in my ear
  • Take a nap on the way to grandma's house
  • Be able to appreciate my adorable kids when we are finally reunited
Now that's a good Mother's day weekend!

5 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Sounds fabulous! What a wonderful gift. To clean, do something else, and then come back to still clean... ahhh the dreams...

Amber said...

Wow! Sounds like a perfect weekend!

Will of the hill said...

Sounds like a well deserved weekend--I loved the part about coming back to something you cleaned and it was still clean --Made me laugh out loud---

angela michelle said...

so glad you got to have a peaceful weekend!

wannabee free said...

Sounds great! You deserve it.
Wonderful to have family around to 'spoil' you.
If it hadn't been for church, I wouldnt' have even known it was mother's day. They left me husbandless at church because Abram had to speak in sacrament mtg. Brian Larsen was holding Rowan for me, she fell asleep and peed all over him!!
He had to go home and get changed and I had to go out and clean her up. Lachlan then got cookie snack all over everything so I had to clean that up and then it was just a wrestling match the rest of the time. After all that Abram asked if I had listened to his talk. HA! I don't need to hear a talk about mothers! I'm living the dream, babe!

Share buttons