Thursday, December 6, 2007

no news

So it's been weird for me to blog without having a bunch of really excited stories to write. The reality is that we have settled into the mundane day to day schedule. I wake up at zero dark thirty (6.30) to get Winter ready for the bus. Then, if I'm lucky, I jump back in bed for 30 minutes and sleep until Sterling and Ginger come to wake me up. (usually Sterling is awake before I can even drag Winter out of bed) Then I get Sterling ready for preschool and drop him off. At this point I look at the long list of things that need to be done to the house and decide if there's anything I can force myself to do. Of course I always pick the easiest and funnest thing,... which makes it so that after a week or so of doing that only non-fun things are left. That was the case today, so I decided to just do nothing! Well, not nothing,... just not any productive things that will get my house renovated.

One thing I really enjoy about my new kitchen is that is looks out into the family room where my tv is. Today I watched the Ellen show (to my husband's disdain) while cooking dinner. I made a yummy recipe that I got from my sister-in-law Angela. (lentil tacos). We had a very early dinner (4.30pm) because Joe is picking up the Christmas pony. We just have to decide how we are going to keep it a secret from the kids. Kind of hard when 2 of the kids went with Joe, and the pony will be in our pasture. I have to come of with some kind of inventive reason why this pony is in our yard. I'm open to any good suggestions!!

No comments:

Share buttons