Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Internet at home!

Yes, we have finally rejoined the world of the living (communication.)
It feels so liberating having internet at my own home. I didn't realize how much I missed it, but now I look back and can't figure out how I coped with having to go to the library to check my email. Going to the library with a 2 year old can be challenging. Especially when it's a very small local library with only 1 librarian that keeps a very close eye on all activity. Last week Ginger accidentally ripped part of a page from a book, and now she has to stay by my side. Well,... you know 2 year olds... if she decides she doesn't want to be right by me, she'll let everyone know. And everyone did know when she screamed her head off.

Today is the Dutch holiday Sinterklaas. It's the Dutch St Nicholas who celebrates his birthday on december 5th. We are going to have Joe's parents over for dinner and do a dinner that we always did growing up as a child. It's called "gourmetten". We all sit around the table and have a griddle in the middle. Everyone cooks their own food as they go along. This makes for a very long and fun dinner. After that we will have a gift exchange. We all drew names out of a hat (actually a bowl) and we all get a cheap gift and write a poem for that person. Of course, since I'm the mom, I have to write 3 poems....


I am just so happy to be here in the rural area in Texas. When I look out the window all I can see is fields and cows!! And when the school bus gets back to drop of Winter, Sterling run outside and yells: 'YES!" then he promptly start running down the driveway (it's a long driveway). Winter jumps off the bus and runs to greet him too. Then they walk back together and Sterling holds Winter's backpack for her. How sweet!

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Sounds like a fun Sinterklaas. I know Mom is so happy to be able to share these moments with you guys now.
And Sterling meeting the bus is just adorable! What a sweetheart. I always say about Asher, "he's all trouble, until he's sweet".

Farmer Joe said...

Wow, you learn something new everyday. I can't wait to see that!

angela michelle said...

Yeah, Ikea closed 4 hours early because of that Sinkterklaas, which totally put a cramp in my style. Congrats on getting the house together! What a relief!

Share buttons