Thursday, November 22, 2007

Get ready, set, go!


We had wonderful Thanksgiving with the family! We came to Joe's parents house around 11 am. Everyone did their part for the dinner, and since I made the pies I had the luxury to sit and read the newspaper ads for "black friday". For the last several years I've made it a tradition to go shopping at 4 am the day after Thanksgiving, in order to get great deals. It took me a while, but Liz has finally agreed to go with me. I just love the adrenaline rush that I get when I'm in a mad dash to get one of the 12 free laminators. So after a lovely dinner we relaxed for a while and then had yummy pumpkin pie, that Winter and Ginger helped me make. Tonight we went down to uncle Bill and aunt Barbara's house in Dallas, and hung out with the whole gang. Several cousins were there, which made for a good time. I even got to go to Aaron Allred's fancy lawyers office, so Katy and I can redecorate it to look all fancy. Anyways, I really need to get to bed, since I have to get up in 4 hours!!

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Looks like a yummy dinner. I'm sure Mom needed a good break from her crazy life, so thanks for being there to help her out.

angela michelle said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Wish we could have joined you.

mama Majo said...

The mere size of that turkey is enough to make anyone feel stuffed :)

mama Majo said...

I love to see Winter helping out !

Share buttons