Friday, November 9, 2007

The big move


So today is the big day. We move to the farm! The house it totally not ready for living in, but we've decided that we'll get much more work done if we're there to work on it all the time. It is a little crazy that we are all sleeping/living in 1 room. None of the other rooms in the house have any floorcoverings. At first Joe will still go to his parents house to work until we can get internet, but then he'll be at the farm all day too. I went to Sterling's new school yesterday, and he and I are very excited for this new experience for him.

We are in the middle of the process of getting a home study done for our adoption application. We are hoping to get the paperwork done before the end of the year, so we can get on the list of adoptive parents. We want to adopt a little baby (under 1 years old), and we have no preference for race or gender. Most of all we want to give a child a forever family that otherwise wouldn't have that opportunity. So as part of the process, I had to get my fingerprints taken today. They send them to the FBI to make sure we are no criminals. 2 things about that: 1. any idiot/criminal can get pregnant and create their own child, but if you want to adopt they have to check out everything about you. 2. I just had my fingerprints taken by the FBI for a background check when I became a citizen. Now you would think they could use my fingerprints (that I'm sure are still in their system), but no, they have to get them again... just in case my fingers morphed into something new. No, I'm sure it's just to get more money out of me, which is why it frustrates me.

Today is my last day with internet access (on a normal computer) so I don't know how long it will be before I'll entertain you again with my simple life.

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Congratulations on moving in! The first few weeks in a new home are so strange to me. You are at home - but you feel like it's someone else's home. Anyway - enjoy!

Jessica said...

Nancy,
Thanks for all your comments!

Share buttons