Wednesday, May 4, 2011

More friends

The nice thing about spending 2 full days with Carla, was that we didn't have to cram our catch-up conversations into a few hours. And the kids really got to know her kids. And I seriously got behind on sleep. LOL After staying up until 3am, we thought it would be wise not to spend all day on our feet. Instead we puttered around at the house, and I got treated to a facial. Carla owns her own beauty salon, and lovingly treated my face. Now I have 2 full eyebrows, instead of 2 halfs (colored) and during the mask I even briefly dozed off.
The busy schedule continued, and we headed to Jannicke's house. I am seriously sooo grateful for everybody's hospitality. It was Bevrijdingsdag (liberation day), and we commemorated the dead by joining all of Holland in 2 minutes of silence. We then watched a very touching movie, The boy in the striped pyjamas, and actually got to bed at a reasonable hour.Because of Bevrijdingsdag, Apeldoorn had a fair, so we thought it would be fun to take the kids. Unfortunately it was still closed. Who would have thought that no one wanted to go on rides at 10 in the morning? Since the fair didn't work out, the kids insisted on going swimming, even though the water was still frigid. My kids are hearty!
This afternoon we visited my Opa, where I enjoyed showing him this months pictures.
After driving to Soest, where my other friend, Evelien lives, I feel like a tornado has hit me. I'm tired, and tired, and more tired. But I wouldn't have done it any other way. The kids are having fun, I enjoy seeing long-time friends, and the vacation is almost over. Now I just need a vacation to recover from this vacation.

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

It does sound like quite a whirwind! But a cool one.

Share buttons