Saturday, May 15, 2010

Faith and Patience

.... those are the 2 words that have been heavily on my mind the past few days. I need faith that our house will sell, and patience until it does.

This afternoon we were at cousin Katie's graduation picnic, and I was telling our friends and family about our plan to move to Holland. Telling them that it all hinges on whether or not we sell the house. My cell phone rings. Someone wants to see the house. At 6.30pm. A very inconvenient time, since we had plans to visit with mom and dad after the picnic (Angela and Haley are also in town). But of course, any time is a good time, to show the house. So I headed home, to get the house ready. Luckily we had done some cleaning this morning, so there were just a few stray things in the kids' bedrooms that needed to be picked up.

As I drove up at 6pm, there was a truck in the driveway. I was freaking out a bit, because they were early, and I really wanted to tidy up a bit more before they saw the house. The people were just kind of standing around on the driveway, so I went up to talk to them. I explained that I had just driven up from Dallas, and didn't know they would get here early. Then some confusion took place, and after a few minutes we figured out they were not the people that I had talked to on the phone. These people were with a real estate agent (the 6.30pm people were coming alone). When we were in Holland I changed our MLS listing showing instructions to: "no appointment necessary". I all but forgot to change this after we got back home, this agent just came without an appointment. Wow, I would have never known they had come if I hadn't come back for the other appointment!

So now I'm waiting for the next appointment. After that, I'll drive back down to Plano to join my family in their family gathering.

Faith and patience!

No comments:

Share buttons