Thursday, November 10, 2011

25 Weeks

It's been a while since I posted an update on my pregnancy.
I'm now 25 weeks, and starting to wonder how in the heck I can go another 15 weeks without looking like a whale. Right now my belly is actually kind of cute, and I bet that any professional photo shoots of pregnant women is done around this time.
These past few weeks, and hopefully the next few weeks are the easiest of the pregnancy. My energy is (mostly) back, and the baby doesn't sit under my ribs 24 hours a day yet. I am surprised at how much movement I can already feel and see. The other day Joe was sitting next to me on the couch, and my belly was touching his upper arm. The baby kicked a few times, and without me asking Joe if he felt it, he actually looked over at me and gave me a look.

Sleeping still doesn't created too much of a problem, except for the fact that I miss sleeping on my belly (which my chiropractor forbids anyways). Turning from left to right is getting more challenging, but doesn't wake me up yet. The biggest challenge I'm living with is wicked bad heartburn. Anything I eat can set it off. It's pretty much a given that I'll have heartburn after dinner every night, but even the middle of the day isn't exempt. None of the meds seem to do much good either. Overall I'm not complaining though, as I just LOVE to feel the baby inside of me, and the good complexion that has finally decided to grace my face.

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

You look very cute. The heartburn thing is an easy fix with your Dr's help. There's a drug that you can safely take in pregnancy now that actually works. I can't remember what it's called, but I'm sure your Dr knows. I never would have made it through 4 months of laying down seconds after eating without this drug. The heartburn was the worst I've ever had. And this drug took care of it completely!

The Editor said...

You look RADIANT, Mrs. Pregnant Lady! Things will work out for you; don't worry. It's unproductive and not worthy of you. Joe will find something; he's so resourceful, plus he's now got an MBA under his belt. As for what you have under YOUR belt...we look forward to meeting another beautiful little Ashurst in the new year. See you soon in Texas!

Kim said...

gefeliciteerd met de zwangerschap!
Ik heb ook altijd last van maagzuur... mijn wondermiddel is een beetje baking soda oplossen in wat water en drinken (its nasty) but it works!!

Share buttons