Friday, February 13, 2009

Our House

My sister has been asking me for pictures of our house. She still lives in Idaho, and has never seen it. I haven't wanted to post pictures before, because the house isn't done. But I guess it might be years before it's done, so this is for you Wendy (I didn't take pictures of all the rooms, as some were too messy, or too unfinished to publicly display on my blog)

Standing at the front door looking down the hall towards the living room. Please excuse the train table, it's currently on craigslist. Any takers? Oh, also, that wood that's on the floor, is part of the remaining wood floor that we installed. We still have about 100 SF left, anyone interested in that? Anyways, if you would look to your left from this spot, you would see our study. This is my computer/music room, and is ALWAYS a mess
When you walk down the hall a bit, you see the formal dining room on your left. We eat dinner her most nights. I personally think a formal dining room is a waist of space, and wish our breakfast nook was just large enough to accommodate our large tableAt the end of the front hallway, is our family room. This is the center hub of our home, and where we spend the most time.The is a different angle of our family room, standing at the entrance to the back hallway that leads to the kids' bedrooms. As you can see, the family room and kitchen are connected, and that's one of the many things I love about this house. This is the view of the family room, looking back toward the front hall and dining roomThis is the view of the kitchen, when you enter it from the left side. After we moved in, we painted the cabinets, and put a new dishwasher in. We still want to replace the countertops and backsplash.Standing in the kitchen, looking towards the breakfast nookStanding in the nook, looking towards the kitchen. As you can see we still have the white oven and microwave. It's hard to justify spending $3000 on new stainless steel ones, when the ones we have work perfectly.Master Bedroom
Joe's office/guest room.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful home. those are awesome wood floors. I found you because of a search on the albertsons monopoly game. strange the stuff you can come across on the net.

my 'non-working'(SAHM) wife also blogs generationfour.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

THANKS!!! It is SOO nice to see how you live! It is beautiful and I can't see ANYTHING that you still need to do... it iso nly because you have your list that it bothers you, but it all looks great to me! I love the molding on top!
xoxo kusjes

wannabee free said...

The floor is raelly beautiful! The whole house look fabulous! some of the rooms look so similar to your last house, it's strange!
Good Job, guys!
you'd never know it was an old house.

Bea said...

Ben het absoluut eens met de vorige reacties. Ziet er prima uit. Mooi hoor!

angela michelle said...

nice pics. everything looks great. i like how you re-arranged the family room.

Mary Elizabeth Liberty said...

Lovely home, I've seen it in person but not since you finished the floors, what a difference! Great work,
MM

Kaitlyn said...

Wow, your home looks SO gorgeous!

Melanie said...

Your home is gorgeous, please tell me it is not always that clean. You are making the rest of us look bad. You did a wonderful job on the remodel

The Bartel Bunch... said...

I didn't realize you had such a nice place! I wish you hadn't posted pictures because now I am seriously jealous!

Share buttons