Monday, November 17, 2008

Get dressed!

Ginger would run around in her und!es all day, if I let her! It's not so much of a problem when the house is 80, and it's 100 outside. But when it's barely 61 in the house, and more like 50 outside, then it does become a problem. The thing is, she is convinced that she does not want to wear any kind of sweater or socks.  

This morning was no exception, and when she came out of bed in her shorts/t-shirt pyjamas, I insisted on getting SOME clothes on her. I somehow convinced her to wear socks, but just 30 minutes later she had taken them off again. Here's our exchange: (remember, she is only wearing shorts and a t-shirt, while I am still cold with a sweater, long pants, and socks)

Me: "Put you socks back on!"
Ginger: "But my feet are not cold anymore"
Me: "Put your socks back on, or I'll get a sweater that you have to put on."
Ginger: "But they are not cold anymore."
Me: "I'll get a sweater!!"
Ginger: "Oookaaayyy...."

Sigh, maybe one day she'll come to her senses, and WANT to wear enough clothes to keep warm

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh I just LOVE fights like that. Asher has decided he hates his coat. He only wants to wear his hoodie sweatshirt. When it's 35 in the mornings and we're taking Naomi to school that is not enough! And within the month it's gonna be that cold all the time. Did I mention how much I love this kind of fight?

Kaitlyn said...

Ha. I think I did this as a child, I bet it will come back to haunt me :)

Kaitlyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Share buttons